mattforeman

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Being in a Van for 4,000 miles, you do some thinking


I've been in a van for the last week traveling out to California and back so I've had a lot of time to think about this. It's the little things that we don't always notice that have been blowing me away. Some of them extremely random, like thumbs, holy crap! God was thinking on that one. I'm not even trying to be funny (because I know you are rolling right now). I was trying to open a bottle of water with one hand while I was driving and I was thinking, "There is no way I could do this without my thumb". It's such a simple thing, something we don't often think about until we get a hang nail, but it's so very important. I often think about how things work, that's just how my mind works. I am amazed at the technology that we have now a days. But as much as I am amazed that right now I am going to hit a button and my words can be accessed by millions of people, I am more amazed that I don't even have to think it and I can walk across the room. I know it seems simple and it's not anything that we really think about, but it's so amazing how it all works.
We never know what tomorrow brings. Half the time I don't know what yesterday brought. But the crazy thing is that God knows. He has it all planned out. I have to worry about things like what I'm going to wear tomorrow, if I'm going to go to Starbucks or not, what I'm going to eat for dinner, stupid things like that. Of course throughout life I have to make bigger decisions, but it's really nothing when I try to think about how God does it. But then I think I don't need to know how God does it. Even if he were to tell me how he does it, I don't think there is any way that my mind could possibly comprehend it.
I was talking to a friend from back home tonight and he was telling me the things God has been teaching him. He was telling me about how God has been amazing him. Which was great to hear because it always makes my heart happy to hear my friends talk like that. But it was also cool to hear it because it is something I have thought about a lot lately also. I look back on this last year, even these last couple of months and I am amazed at what God has been teaching me. Life is a constant journey that, for me, has been fun the whole time. Sure there are ups and downs, but I've been constantly learning new things, formulating who I am. I can't wait to see where this journey continues to take me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home