mattforeman

Thursday, July 05, 2007



Identity is a huge issue in the lives of these high schoolers. that's something I'm learning this summer. I have always know that. It seems like it was a long time ago when I was in high school (there is a myspace for our 10 year class reunion that is coming up next year) and I was struggling with the same thing. But when I see the masks, when you see the hurts and pains for these kids I realize some of them are stuggling with their Identity a lot more then I ever did. This has been a reminder that they struggle so much with life. High school can be a great time in a kids life, but it comes with so much crap they have to deal with. It's hard to go from hanging out with your friends, laughing and joking, to being back at home, alone, Isolated, trying to figure out who you are and why you're here.
It's powerful what the kids are going throught

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home